We are looking for hunters. Someone that understands how to go out and find opportunity. Someone that is not afraid to pick up the phone and make a cold call, do some networking, meet and greet potential clients at social events.
The Business Development Associate will maintain, foster and create client relationships through solution selling tactics in order to obtain new sales. The responsibilities of the BDA falls into three main categories: pre-sales, sales, and post-sale support of hardware / software / client relationship management.
Pre-sales activities include prospecting, networking, cold calling and client profiling.
The actual sale includes discovery and deep dive introductory calls/meetings, identification of challenges, ability to build business cases, development and facilitation of the proposal/quote process for specific clients, budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client presentations.
Post-sale support (with network engineer support as needed) includes managing the client relationship, identifying and or handling challenges, ongoing education of the technology industry and BIG.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote BIG’s product and service offerings which include managed network services, computer hardware and software sales, development services, wireless offerings, and selected vertical offerings in construction and finance.
- Understand clients’ specific business needs & challenges through solution selling techniques.
- Build business cases to drive sales & profit.
- Maintain minimum profit budget goals of 85%.
- Develop strategic territory management plans to obtain profit budget.
- Identify, profile and develop new business through multiple channels: phone, E-mail, networking, client relationship management.
- Hold “C” level meetings with agility and confidence.
- Prepare business cases and proposals in conjunction with team members.
- Clearly communicate the business value of Business Information Group.
- Use Salesforce.com to manage calendar, prospects, clients and opportunities.
- Use Salesforce.com to manage territory and pipeline.
- Use QuoteWerks for hardware/software quotes.
- Interact directly with clients of all knowledge levels, and at any level of their organization.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
- Hunting skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and ability to prioritize.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate at “C” level.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Stamina, resilience and ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to effectively document your work.
- Ability to interact directly with clients of all knowledge levels, and at any level of their organization.
- Current state issued driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a clean driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
- Solution selling experience.
- Experience in the information technology field.
WORK ENVIRONMENT DETAILS
- Compensation: Salaried plus commission, full time, 40 hours per week. Benefits offered including health insurance, vacation, and retirement options.
- Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am until 5:00pm, with extra hours as needed to meet deadlines, attend after-hour networking functions and conferences.
- Work Location: York, PA (downtown area with parking). No relocation being offered.
- Lifting and moving products/boxes up to 30 pounds.
- Standing, sitting and walking throughout multiple building floors.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel: Extensive daily travel to client sites – typically within a 100 mile radius of our base of operations.
- Training is intensive and in-house, aimed at giving the BDA comprehensive technical knowledge of BIG’s products.