The Wireless Engineering Supervisor role requires an active hands-on individual who will be an active participant on assigned tasks as well as lead and manage the Wireless Network Engineering team. The team is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, integrity & security of wireless networks. Manage collaboration efforts across technical and non-technical teams and oversee designing and implementing Wireless Projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The varied tasks to be carried out by the Wireless Engineering Supervisor include:
• Design, plan, establish, and optimize wireless networks.
• Develop wireless network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization.
• Lead technical person to support Layer 2, Layer 3 networks and advanced routing technologies.
• Lead and supervise teams.
• Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch.
• Train and mentor other engineers.
• Design and validate RF link performance, quality and reliability.
• Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment.
• Optimize existing network by adjusting radio network parameters, adding/deleting of neighbors and recommending possible solutions to hardware problems.
• Monitor and analyze statistical and drive test data to improve system performance indicators. Apply propagation theory, RF Engineering tools and antenna theory to choose tower antenna placement.
• Responsible for capacity planning.
• Act as tier 3 escalation point to the NOC.
• Effectively communicate a network design, challenges and needs to internal and external customers.
• Take the technical lead in coordination with sales team to make sure we are always staying in step with latest industry trends in wired and wireless markets.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• BSEE in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent; or a combination of in-market field experience and education.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ technology management experience required.
• Deep knowledge in wireless access technologies including WiFi, WiMAX, PTP, PTMP and a record of excellence managing the wireless access engineering systems within an organization.
• Hands-on experience with a broad range of wireless access technologies including WiFi, 4G-LTE & IoT as well as competency with key networking elements such as routing, switching, & security.
• Strong knowledge of network architecture, inclusive of switching and routing protocols.
• Strong ability to lead a team of engineers at junior and senior levels; directs and prioritizes the team’s work load.
• Manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions and solve problems under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated project management experience preferred.
• Cisco network certifications or equivalent preferred.
• Wireless certifications preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT DETAILS
• Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, with extra hours as needed to meet deadlines.
• Lifting and moving products/boxes up to 50 pounds.
• Standing, sitting and walking throughout multiple building floors.
• Travel: 25 to 50% Nationwide travel – may vary from week to week, dependent upon project assignment.