The Network Architect position requires a skilled professional with excellent communication and organizational skills. The Network Architect will perform high-level network support, design and analysis with strong customer-service based aptitudes. This position requires the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment and maintain a high level of professionalism, courtesy, customer service and ethics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role requires varied tasks to be carried out by the Network Architect, which may include:
• Provide high-level IT design, support, assistance and troubleshooting, either on-site or through remote access.
• Troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems efficiently.
• Conduct technical analysis of software, hardware and transmission of data between facilities using diagnostic tools to support efficient network operations.
• Leadership skills to effectively be a team leader on complex or high-volume installations.
• Configuration, installation and troubleshooting of firewalls, routers, switches, access points and hardware to meet client needs.
• Provide high level of networking expertise to BIG personnel and clients.
• Participation in project management activities, such as marketing, billing, client relationships and coordination with other team members.
• Interaction directly with clients of all knowledge levels, and at any level of their organization, is crucial for success.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer/technical related field and a minimum (7) years of advanced experience with configuration, installation and troubleshooting of firewalls/routers/switches; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced certifications (Cisco CCNA) is required; CCNP and MCSA a plus.
• Minimum (5) years of experience with Microsoft OS for servers and workstations.
• Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN design and implementation.
• Experience configuring VPNs, ACLs, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, QoS, NAT.
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP stack.
• Experience configuring Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, WSUS.
• Experience with virtualization architecture.
• Experience with network monitoring and analysis.
• Experience with VoIP/Unified Communication systems.
• Experience with configuration of both Cisco and non-Cisco routers, switches and firewalls; as well as WiFi controllers and devices.
• Leadership of teams of engineers on complex projects and handle associated project management skills.
• Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate and document your work.
• Current State issued driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of valid auto insurance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT DETAILS
• Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am until 5:00pm, with extra hours as needed to meet deadlines.
• Ability to lift and move products/boxes up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to stand, sit and walk throughout multiple building floors.
• Travel: Moderate local daily travel, but variable dependent upon project assignment.