The Business Development Associate position is a client facing role responsible for developing and managing enterprise level relationships through solution selling tactics in order to generate new revenue. The ideal candidate will possess an enterprise level sales background. This position is responsible for developing long-term relationships with new business clients. Both high-level technical discussions and C-Level business conversations will be required to be successful in this role.
The responsibilities of the BDA falls into three main categories: pre-sales, sales, and post-sale support of hardware, software, and client relationship management.
Pre-sales activities include prospecting, networking, cold calling and client profiling.
The sales process entails discovery and deep dive introductory calls and meetings, identification of challenges, building business cases, development and facilitation of proposal and quote process for specific clients, budget and pricing development, as well as proposal writing, contract negotiations, and client presentations.
Post-sale support includes maintaining the client relationship, identifying challenges and finding solutions, ongoing education of the technology industry and BIG.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote Business Information Group’s product and service offerings which include managed network services, computer hardware and software sales, development services, wireless offerings, and selected vertical offerings
- Understand clients’ specific business needs and challenges through solution selling techniques
- Develop strategic territory management plans to obtain profit budget
- Identify, profile and develop new business through multiple channels: phone, E-mail, networking, client relationship management
- Hold “C” level meetings with agility and confidence
- Prepare business cases and proposals in conjunction with team members to drive sales and profit
- Clearly communicate the business value of Business Information Group
- Use Salesforce to manage calendar, prospects, clients and opportunities, as well as territory and pipeline
CORE COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years or equivalent work experience
- Self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, articulate Business Information Group’s solutions and business value, create demand and close deals
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and ability to prioritize
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Professional presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Resilience and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Current state issued driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a clean driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- Solution selling experience
- Experience in the information technology field
WORK ENVIRONMENT DETAILS
- Compensation: Salaried plus commission, full time, 40 hours per week. Benefits offered including health insurance, vacation, and retirement options
- Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am until 5:00pm, with extra hours as needed to meet deadlines, attend after-hour networking functions and conferences
- Work Location: York, PA (downtown area with parking). No relocation being offered
- Lifting and moving products/boxes up to 30 pounds
- Standing, sitting and walking throughout multiple building floors
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Travel: Extensive daily travel to client sites – typically within a 100 mile radius of our base of operations
- Training is intensive and in-house, aimed at giving the BDA comprehensive technical knowledge of Business Information Group’s products