As an integral member of a crew, the Tower Technician/Field Tech 1 will be responsible for the assisting with the installation, maintenance and repair of RF equipment. Assigned tasks may include installation on rooftops, water tanks and existing towers; tower reinforcement; antenna installation and testing; equipment inspections; microwave dish path alignment; waveguide testing and troubleshooting. This position requires the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment and maintain a high level of professionalism, courtesy, customer service and ethics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Installs, maintains, repairs, removes microwave antenna systems – sometimes under adverse conditions (weather, remote sites, high towers) throughout the nation using safety equipment and tools.
• Transports heavy equipment and materials to work locations, including remote areas, to perform functions of the job.
• Maintains compliance with all OSHA, Company and Customer-Specific safety procedures and guidelines.
• Basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
• Knowledge of hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
• Climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with a 50lb load.
• Build antenna mounts and construct tie-back steel for antenna side struts.
• Termination of waveguide, coax and Cat5.
• Adherence to instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
• Take direction from team/project leads and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Strict adherence to safety requirements.
• Other duties as assigned
CORE COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• 0 to 1 years of industry experience, including tower climbing experience.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment and electro-mechanical equipment.
• Applicant/Employee weight and tools combined may not exceed 280-pound weight limit as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
• Applicant/Employee waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches, measured at the navel, as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
• Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate and document your work.
• Current State issued driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable transportation and proof of valid auto insurance.
• Ability to successfully pass a DOT physical, criminal background check, drug screening tests and DMV/MVR screening, upon employment offer as well as randomly as requested by customers for project work on specified job sites.
• Comtrain Tower Climber certification or other industry approved climbing certification preferred.
• Industry certifications including OSHA 10-hour, First Aid, CPR/AED a plus.
• Valid CDL license is a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT DETAILS
• Work at heights including, but not limited to, roof top, bucket truck, monopole, self-supporting tower, or guyed towers.
• Work in adverse conditions including weather, remote work sites and high structures.
• Lift and move products/boxes up to 100 pounds.
• Team environment and independent work assignments.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Travel: Extensive throughout the United States